A tradition of hospitality.'

Some historical background

At the end of XVIII century, the dwelling, in which you’ll stop, was already standing proudly on the main square of the village knows as “Place de l’Etang” (Pond Square).

The Benedict monks from Aubigny’s priory, who were also helping out at the hospital, built many dams on the Badin River in order to operate their mills and regulate the tumultuous course of the river.

The dam, located in front of the hostel, may be the most important one. The water retained forms a pond, which follows the path up to Aubigny and serves the hill.

In 1829, Louis MIELLE, a wine grower, lived in the dwelling and cultivated 6 ares and 10 centiares of local wine plants.

In 1848, he sold a part of the house and garden to his neighbour, Augustin GUENE, a retired solicitor.

In 1863, M. Mielle’s son, Nicolas MIELLE, a manual worker, inherited the property. He sold it ten years later to Nicolas VARNIER-BOUDROT, an in-keeper and farmer.

" Warm and pleasant welcome. Spacious room. Impeccable bedding. Hearty breakfast. Highly recommend for a peaceful stay and exploring the region"

Our Hotel

This hotel is located in a building dating back from XVIII century. It is fitted with exposed stone walls as well as exposed wooden beams. It is situated only 800m away from Vaux-sous-Aubigny train station.

Our state of mind





Une cuisine délicate et pleine de saveurs

Réserver une table
Voir le menu

Un service personnalisé

Réserver une table
Voir le menu
Scroll to Top